Light and Healthy. Perfect for hot summer days!
- 1 ⅓ lbs fresh tomatoes (600 g), very ripe
- a handful fresh basil chopped
- 1 tbsp onion chopped
- good quality olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp capers in brine chopped
- garlic powder
1.Bring a pan of water to a boil, then add the tomatoes to the hot water.
2.Then turn the heat off and let the tomatoes poach in the water for 25 to 30 seconds. Then with a slotted spoon, remove the tomatoes and refresh them under cold running tap water until cooled down fully. With a sharp knife peel the tomatoes.
3. Then chop them into 4 chunks and remove the seeds. Divide the tomato meat into 2 parts. Chop one half roughly.
4.Pour a little olive oil in a non-stick pan, season with a tiny pinch of garlic powder, pepper and salt and place the pan over medium heat.
5. Gently fry the tomato for 3 to 4 minutes until it starts to soften.
6.Then take the pan off the heat and let the tomato cool down. Dice the remaining fresh tomatoes. Once the fried tomato is cold, add the diced tomato.
7.Add the chopped onion, capers and basil. Also add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of vinegar.
8.Stir and add extra pepper or salt to taste. Then put the mixture in the fridge to chill for an hour. Right before serving drain any water that has formed around the tartare. Divide the tartare over plates. Drizzle with olive oil and finish with a few drops of vinegar. Serve chilled.