Enjoy this elegant but simple and delicious recipe:
5 large tomatoes
1/2 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onions
2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 cup Shredded Italian* Five Cheese Blend
2 Tbsp. panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
1. Heat oven 350°F.
2. Cut tops off tomatoes, discard tops. Scoop out pulp from centers of tomatoes, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Reserve 1 cup of the removed pulp.
3. Brown meat with onions in medium skillet on medium-high heat; drain. Return meat mixture to skillet. Add reserved tomato pulp, Italian seasoning and tomato paste; mix well. Cook 3 min., stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan.
4. Place tomato shells on foil-covered baking sheet; fill with meat mixture.
5. Combine shredded cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle over tomatoes. Top with basil.
6. Bake 12 to 14 min. or until heated through.